Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Love

She said “It’s ok to cry, love. It doesn’t mean you’re not whole.  
Tears are the heart’s way of cleansing the soul.”
And when these butterflies dance all over the room I know that she's near me.
Because she's the safe haven where everyone wants to be.

She's the light that keeps me lifted. She tells me I’m her everything.
I forgot what real love felt like when it came so easily.
“Baby please don’t go.” She whispers into the phone.
She’s been asleep for hours, but she swears she can’t sleep alone.

If she’s the calm, you can bet that I’m the storm.
Until her, a seven year curse never lifted with a happy ending before.
She’s my kind of crazy, and I wouldn’t change a thing.
Because she’s all that I imagined, far more, and everything between.

In the mornings light she wraps her arms around my waist.
Her nose to mine, she leaves sweet kisses on my face.
And I would drown inside those eyes if she ever let me go.
But I know that she won’t…

She says I “make it difficult to not let that word fall out.
The one you can’t take back that tastes like iron in your mouth.
It’s only gets sweeter when you learn to say it back.”
Heaven knows, I love to love a woman like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment